Get Started With Apple CarPlay In Your BMW
One of the more common questions we get asked when it comes to technology on BMW vehicles in our showroom is what people get out of Apple CarPlay. Well, the short answer is that you get a lot, but there’s plenty of basic advantages that you’ll find make your drive enjoyable, and we’ve highlighted some basic information for those getting started with Apple CarPlay and their BMW.
- To utilize Apple CarPlay on your BMW, you need to have the latest iOS version and an active data plan, as CarPlay uses the data plan of the iPhone that is connected. You cannot connect your iPhone to the vehicle’s WiFi hotspot and use CarPlay at the same time
- Make sure you have the Apple CarPlay app on your phone, and you will be able to pair it up with the iDrive system easily
- Once you’ve paired the device, you’ll notice that the interface and menu is similar to what you’d see on any other iOS device so it’s going to be easy for you to pick up on quickly
- With Apple CarPlay, you’re able to access calls, texts, navigation, and compatible apps, and do so by pressing the buttons or by using Siri by pressing the voice command button on the iDrive, or on your steering wheel
- Apple CarPlay on BMW models can also predict your travel plans and provide you with direction based on events in your phone’s calendar, contacts, and frequent destinations as well, for added convenience
If you want to learn more, feel free to stop in and see us today. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have, and discuss all the vehicles we have here at Advantage BMW of Clear Lake in League City, TX today.