Top Items to Pack in Your Roadside Emergency Kit
Don’t let a bad situation turn worse by risking a breakdown without having an emergency kit at the ready. Not only should you make sure to have roadside assistance available either through your manufacturer or membership to an auto club, you should also make sure to pack some smart essentials with you. You can choose to stock it with whatever items you deem essential, but we advise including these five items:
- A charged cell phone. While this seems automatic, a working cell phone can make all the difference between getting help quickly and possibly not getting any help at all. Make sure to keep a car charger in your vehicle, and keep your phone charging (face down, of course) while you’re driving.
- First aid kit. Fill it with assorted bandages, an antiseptic cream or ointment, aspirin, gauze pads, adhesive tape and any specific items you or your family might need.
- A fire extinguisher that’s rated for both Class B and Class C fires by the National Fire Protection Association.
- Three reflective warning triangles. Place them about 50 feet apart to adequately warn oncoming traffic of your vehicle’s presence.
- A flashlight and extra batteries. Make sure that the flashlight is waterproof, just in case you break down in inclement weather.
Remember that there’s no better place to have your BMW serviced than the Service Center at Advantage BMW of Clear Lake. Take advantage of our convenient online feature to schedule your appointment for a time that’s most convenient for you.